THE SATTER-THWAITE STORE

was located at Pactolus in Pitt County circa 1879, but it was purchased by the Satterthwaite family and renamed.

HAMILTON SAWMILL STEAM ENGINE

stands at the front of the Village site. This 1915 machinery provided the energy to operate a lumber mill.

THE EAGLES SCHOOL

is a typical one-room schoolhouse. It was built in 1903 near Fountatin in Pitt County by the Eagles family for $400.

HAMMERED COPPER STILL

is a 200-year-old still from  Gates County and was donated by a Mr. Nixon.

THOMAS ADRIAN SAVAGE HOUSE

was built in the mid-1850's near Bell's Fork in Pitt County. This house is a fine example of Greek Revival architecture.

LOG TOBACCO BARN

as built in the 1890’s and was moved from the David T. House farm near Flat Swamp Church in Pitt County.

THE MISSION OF THE EASTERN CAROLINA VILLAGE & FARM MUSEUM 1840 - 1940 IS TO PRESERVE AND INTERPRET ARCHITECTURAL AND AGRICULTURAL LIFE IN PITT COUNTY AND EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA FROM 1840 - 1940.


Private Events

Popular Events

  • Annual Easter Egg Hunt - April 2nd
  • Membership Picnic
  • Taste of Pitt County
  • Ghost Walk "the Village After Dark"
  • Old Fashioned Christmas

Membership Drive

Eastern Carolina Village & Farm Museum


Become a "Friend of the Village"
Individual and Family Memberships


Membership Categories

$20 - Student/Senior(55+)

$30 - Individual

$50 - Family


Link to Membership
Form & Benefits

History Speaks

Pollination Preservation Historical Overview


David Gagnon, Monarch Meadows Preservation Gardens


Wednesday, 4/20/22 @ 7:00 p.m.


$5.00 Donation Requested